Thursday, April 23, 2009

HOPE?

One of my classmates recently shared his opinion on the war in Iraq. He explains that he does believe we should stay in Iraq. Issues like safety of Iraqi people came up and I do agree that we should make sure the citizens are safe but there's only so much we can do. I mean, we are getting into another country's business and how many of our people are worth loosing to another country's safety? I don't mean to sound self centered when I say things like that but most soldiers now a days have families, they have kids! Do you ever think of their perspective on things like this? In their eyes their dad is away fighting for the country they live in but when they loose their dad what are they supposed to do? In their eyes they just lost their father! He also brings up issues like advancing our weapons, but can't we do that somewhere else? We own so much land, there has to be somewhere else we can do experiments with weapons. The issue about the Iraqi people not being safe and that another country will take their land, well, we could help them set up a way that they wont have their land taken from them and then we could leave. I mean I personally don't really know what to do to make sure of their land but I know we could figure out ideas as a country. I mean aren't our soldiers important? As the author wrote, he was a soldier himself. So wouldn't you be scared? Wouldn't you just want to be back with your family? Most of the soldiers over in Iraq have families with kids! So think of other people than yourself. Think of the Americans that have only lost. Lost their family and their hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment